---
My view on Bitcoin at ~US$90,000
Here’s how I see the situation, given your low-income preference (i.e., need for caution) and the current state of the crypto market:
What the data tell us:
Bitcoin has fallen from a peak above ~US$126,000 in October 2025 to below US$90,000, erasing its gains for the year.
The broader crypto market lost roughly US$1-1.2 trillion in market cap over about six weeks.
Key drivers appear to be macro risks: wavering hopes of US interest-rate cuts, fading risk-appetite, institutional sell-offs and thin liquidity.
Analysts suggest this may not just be a shallow dip — typical Bitcoin corrections can be deeper than -30 % from peak.
Given all that, should you take profits or add more at ~US$90K?
Taking partial profits: Makes sense. If you already hold at a significantly lower cost basis, realising some profits reduces exposure and risk. Especially since the downside may not be fully priced in yet.
Adding more (“buy the dip”): Possible, but with caution. Because:
We’re not guaranteed this is the bottom. If this enters a deeper correction/crypto-winter, you could risk further losses.
Given your low-income status and risk sensitivity, exposure to highly volatile crypto needs to be small and strictly a portion you can afford to lose.
You’d want to have a clear plan: target entry price, stop-loss (or max drawdown you're comfortable with), and expected horizon (are you holding for 4+ years, or looking for shorter return?).
My recommendation tailored for you:
If you hold Bitcoin and it’s profitable: consider selling a portion to lock in some gains, reduce risk.
If you don’t yet hold, or hold little: if you choose to add, keep it to a modest position, set a favourable entry (say around US$85-90K or lower if possible), and treat it as a speculative “satellite” rather than core investment.
Maintain strong diversification — do not over-allocate to crypto; your main focus (given your situation) should remain on stable financial footing (housing, budget, etc.).
Regularly review macro conditions: interest-rates, regulation, bitcoin mining/treasury company health, sentiment. If things deteriorate, be ready to exit.
---
Crypto stocks/coins I find potentially attractive now
Here are some names and coins I’m watching — not investment advice, but ideas you may study further:
Bitcoin (BTC): As above, around ~US$90K offers a possible entry point if you believe in mid-/long-term thesis (store-of-value, digital gold, institutional adoption).
Ethereum (ETH): Often the 2nd-largest by market cap, benefits from smart-contract network effect. But it’s also down significantly from recent highs (~40% from August).
Crypto-linked stocks:
MicroStrategy (ticker MSTR) – holds a large Bitcoin treasury, so you get indirect Bitcoin exposure plus stock dynamics.
Coinbase Global (ticker COIN) – major exchange, sensitive to crypto volume/ sentiment.
Riot Platforms (ticker RIOT) / Mara Holdings (ticker MARA) – Bitcoin-miners. These are very high risk (energy cost + Bitcoin price + regulation).
Buy-zone considerations:
For coins: If BTC falls to US$75-80K or ETH to US$2.5K, these might look more compelling (depending on broader market).
For stocks: Use valuation, treasury holdings (for MicroStrategy), cost structure (for miners), and crypto sector sentiment. The risk for stocks is compounded: you get crypto-price risk + company risk.
---
Final word
If I had to pick one action: Take some profits now if you're up, reduce exposure, then consider a small additional purchase only if you truly believe Bitcoin or Ethereum will benefit from a structural shift (not just a momentum bounce).
Comments